Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bluegrass, Old-Time-Country, Folk, and a pinch of Rock n' Roll!

Last week I saw this incredible new local bluegrass group called Dry Lake Band. (named after Dry Lake in Sardine Canyon) They are probably the best local act I've seen; 4-part harmonies, banjo, mandolin, upright bass, and a fiddle!

I play bass for my friend Ben Hibshman's band, the Shuttles (Folk/Americana), and we're doing a show with Dry Lake Band along with another bluegrass girl-band called The Pretty Darns this Friday. Bluegrass, Old-Time-Country, Folk, and a pinch of Rock n' Roll.

If you like some twang or bluegrass, you should consider coming. If you can't make it it's no big deal, I just wanted to pass the word along. I think you guys would enjoy this music.

Here's a flyer I did, it should have all the information you need:



These groups appeal to a broad variety of people - Bring your friends and family!

$5 admission.

Date: Friday, January 15, 2010
Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Location: Why Sound - 31 Federal Ave. Logan, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment